I'm sure i'm not alone in the battle to remain constant in my devotions..my time alone with God. It really is a struggle i hate. I miss the passion, the burning desire to spend my every moment in God's presence. I miss the way He was the first thing on my mind when i woke, and the last thing when i laid my head to sleep at night. Life happened...some storms, and babies. Life came and took over...and some how the intimacy with God got left behind. I've been so out of the practice of coming to God..that I sound more like an acquaintance..then companion when i do manage to slip in a devotion. So, i find that i have been quickly slipping in requests, and filling the silence with lots of talk for fear that I'll have to be accountable for my lack of commitment. Not to mention silently praying that my luke warm commitment will be enough...yet all along craving more. does that make sense?
So this past weekend Grace Fox (our speaker) spoke about how to Embrace God in the Storms of Life. One of the steps she gave spoke right to where i've been. Practice the Presence of God. Her point was this. If we train ourselves to spend time daily with God, in prayer and the Word, when lifes storms come (when and not if) we will naturally run to God. Now...i don't know about you..but when storms come i don't naturally run to God..I run to my friends, to Yves, or to the fridge. when all that is exhausted..and i still need help..i run to God. how crazy is that? The trouble is...I've stayed teh same ..rarely growing, rarely learning. always settling for a casual relationship with the King who LONGS to have intimacy with me. I have been thinking about this long enough..time to take action..and now i know the tools i need. and its not that hard in actuality...the more i spend with God, the more i want to spend. The more i learn..the more i want to learn.
So, her i am on week two of Practicing the Presence of God...DAILY. I may not be able to spend an hour like i used to..but i'm taking some time every day to hear God's voice, to share my heart with Him, and listen to His. To reconnect in a personal way. And its been amazing. I feel like i'm finally growing again.
that's awesome jenna!
ReplyDeleteI can relate, it makes sense to me. I'm curious to read the next posts about some of the things that you have been learning.
ReplyDelete